Thursday, April 8, 2010

What's Up With Hollyweird?!?

What the $#*@ is up with Hollyweird?!?
I have had just about as much as can take with the movie industry their "re-imagining" of old films...can these people NOT have any original ideas of their own?!? Take a look at the latest flicks in the last few months & coming soon: Clash of the Titans (haven't seen yet), A Nightmare on Elm Street (c'mon Wes!), The Karate Kid, True Grit and a bunch of thers! NOW I have heard they want to 're-vamp' both Spiderman and Iron Man...the friggin' Iron Man 2 is not even out yet! I have just read that they want to remake The Toxic Avenger, Real Genius, Conan (in production), Look Who's Talking, Monster Squad and many more. This is why I don't really go to the movies anymore; if I wanted to watch the Karate Kid, for example, I would buy the damn Blu-ray or DVD and watch it at home. They also really need to stop with all of these superhero/comic book movies and 80's TV shows...although the A-team looks cool. It is getting really ridiculous with the total lack of originality in Hollyweird. Are they really that bored or full-of-themselves that they think they just can just put out some "reworked" version of a classic film or an old 80's TV show and people will just flock to the theater?!? I know they do it for the tweens and kids with "disposable incomes" mainly but when is it gonna be enough? The day they decide to "re-work" of "re-imagine" Star Wars or the Godfather is the day that I will no longer go to a movie theater...EVER! The next thing you know they will try to remake Casablanca or Gone With the Wind or something like that...which I hope the day NEVER comes.

No comments: